Sunday, May 21, 2017

Thank You!


Today is an exciting day for one of the little boys at Dew Drops - Yang will be meeting his forever family today! We are so honored that we could be part of his journey this far and that he now has a family to love and take care of him. We are excited to share with you little Yang’s story today.

I have come a long way from being abandoned under a seat on a train to becoming a healthy boy 14 months later. I arrived at Dew Drops in July 2016 as a 4 month old boy diagnosed with a congenital heart defect and pneumonia. I was completely helpless. All I did was cry while my new nannies held me.

I was rushed to the hospital for emergency palliative heart surgery. My post-operative care was very difficult as I had suffered from pneumonia and liver damage. But those around me, never gave up. Although I was weak, the hope that surrounded me, encouraged me to keep fighting!





 


Even after I was discharged from the hospital, I was still weak. The specialized care I received helped me grow slowly every day.




I learned to lie on my tummy.


This was the first time I ate a banana!


I learned to sit.


My first Christmas!


I learned to crawl.


When I learned to stand by himself without support for a few minutes, all my nannies were very happy and proud!


Standing by myself!



As I practiced walking more, I knew that all my nannies were around me to help me in case I fell!




How happy I was when I learned to walk!


I also love to sing. Let me show you some of my favorites -  Twinkle twinkle little star,  Little donkey and Dian dou dou.






I am also a very polite boy. I say “hello” and “goodbye” to everyone!


Today is May 21st, another normal day for some and a special day for me! Thank you for your support and love! When I struggled for my life, you were there! Your warm embrace encouraged me to keep fighting and growing. Today I will be leaving to go to my forever family. I have so many fond memories that I will cherish. Thank you for loving me!













No comments:

Post a Comment