Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What Matters Most

There is a girl in our infant care facility; she has hydrocephalus, it's like having a big water balloon for a head. She never stands up, she is unable to. Sometimes she shakes her whole body; she screams a lot every time she shakes, it must hurt a lot. If you hold her hands though when she's screaming, it's very easy to get her to calm down and stop shaking. All she needs when she is screaming is to know that someone is there, holding her hands. She makes me think a lot.

Sometimes we think we aren't rich, so there's nothing we can do. But it's not about money, it's about us. What these children need is love, just holding their hands, giving ourselves to them. Letting them know that we are there for them and that is enough.

By Coco

2 comments:

  1. Sweet baby girl, my thoughts and prayers are with you right now. May God be with you and comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers again, sweet baby girl. I wish I could be there to tell you how special you are. I would hold your hand and tell you you are lovely, lovable, and loved. You have touched my heart, sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete